Finally had my allergy test done and lucky me I'm allergic to honey bee venom!
The test involved a series of small (very small really) injections of venom from the insects of the hymenoptera order. I believe 8 different insect venoms were involved in ever increasing potency. I had no reactions to any of them until the doctor hit 1:100 strength of the honey bee venom. He continued on to full strength with all the other venoms and I had no reaction to any of them. Why honey bees why?!?
The good news is that next week I will start the allergy shots. Once a week for ten weeks. I believe they increase the venom dosage each time. After ten weeks if I show no signs of a reaction then they send in a blood sample. If it comes back that I have no immune response then I'm "cured". I would still need to keep going back for a shot once a month for the next five years to keep my body in tune with the venom. The main thing I'm focused on now is the ten week goal. I guess that would put me at the end of October. Just in time for me to be doing nothing with the bees! Hahahah =)
Let the countdown begin!