Once extracted, a course filter is all I use.
I let the honey settle for a few days and bottled.
All in all it looks like I have approximately 1/3 of what I extracted last year. I would say just over 1 gallon in total. Not too bad and the honey tastes fantastic!!
I did find one thing I have not seen yet in my hives.......a small hive beetle.
I saw a total of two of them. This one was trotting over an undrawn frame. And here I thought since I was this far North in Michigan I didn't have to worry about these pests. I know they are a huge problem in most of the Southern states. One more thing I get to worry about!
Once I was done extracting, I put the wet super back on the hive above the inner cover. The bees should clean them up pretty quickly. Next inspection I'll be focusing in on Winter prep. Checking for more hive beetles and seeing how much honey they have stored in the deeps.
Until then, thanks for reading!